COME JOIN US FOR A PRIMITIVE LAND SKILLS CLASS OR RESIDENTIAL RETREAT!
Mireille Evans is our resident primitive wilderness skills expert, offering a unique experience for her students, in that she teaches bush skills through the lens of our traditional First Nations’ Worldview.
She comes to us with years of experience and expertise, ample humor and a humble, happy heart.
Every skill that Mireille teaches is in adherence to our ancient First Nations sacred laws that govern the land, water, animals and plants. We only hunt, harvest or gather with permission from Mother Earth, the animals and plants themselves. All activities and events are provided with full sanction from our host Sinixt nation.
Some of the activities you have the opportunity to learn:
- flint- knapping and primitive tool making
- natural shelter building
- cooking over an open fire
- animal and bird identification
- advanced animal tracking techniques
- hide tanning- both brain and plant tanning techniques
- par fleche and other rawhide techniques
- bush safety and orienteering
- carving your own bow and arrows